So I got a lot of requests from friends that saw this on my Instagram feed asking for the recipe. So, I thought that I would share it here as well. This recipe comes from a few different things that I’ve pulled together and played around with and tweaked and adjusted.
2 3/4 cups Lukewarm water
1 tbs yeast
1 – 1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbs sugar
1/4 cup olive oil (I actually use a little less than 1/4 cup & will often times use an infused Olive Oil)
7 cups all purpose flour
– mix the yeast, salt, sugar first
– add olive oil
– add water and let sit for 5 min
– add 4 cups of flour and mix. And the add the rest.
– let rise for 1hour at room temp. Punch the dough down and let rise for 1 hour. Then put in the fridge for 2-4 hours at a minimum. When you are ready to make your pizza pull the dough out and let it sit at room for 30 min, then make a ball with the dough and let it rise for another 30-60 min and I start putting flour on it at at that point too, just so that it isn’t too sticky. Lasts about 10 days.
1 28oz whole peeled tomatoes can
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
* I add Tabasco and cayenne pepper & a mix of Italian herbs of rosemary, thyme, etc.
I heat the grill to 350 first. Then I pull the dough out for 30-60 min. Put a nice amount of flour or dough on the bread. Allow the dough to rise and the start to shape. I put a little olive around the edges of the dough too. But grill each side for 2 min each on aluminum foil. After the 2 min on each side , put the dough directly on the grate and apply a little olive oil on the edges, pizza sauce, cheese, etc. total cook time is 10-12 min. Also, the dough will increase in size, take that into consideration when your planning the size of pizza. I used a Rolling pin to really flatten the pizza, as it will rise on the grill.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe, as this has quickly become a family favorite.